Seattle was recently named in Kiplinger’s 10 Best Cities list, number two in fact (after Austin!). Mark Emerett, president of UW, is quoted as declaring, “We have only two products here: smart people and great ideas.” Among cities that are prosperous, innovative, and are generating plenty of jobs, Seattle stands out to me for its […]
Archive | South Lake Union RSS feed for this section
Recently named #2 in Kiplinger’s list of the nation’s top cities, Seattle is full of an endless and imaginative variety of things to do. SAM, Seattle Art Museum, is a wonderful jewel in the city’s plethora of adornment, but can easily be overlooked as we take advantage of the infinite range of what’s available here, […]
The recent news of land purchase by Amazon has further fueled the excitement surrounding the explosive growth in South Lake Union. The close proximity to the Downtown, Queen Anne, and Belltown is one of the main reasons for the location’s attractiveness but the relocation of big name companies such as Amazon, Microsoft, and many […]
Greg Nikols, a former Seattle mayor, called Seattle a City of Neighborhoods. Each has its character, its charms, perhaps even its faults. Before you choose a home it is extremely important to be sure that you will not regret the location. Are schools important to you? Walkability? Commute time? Recreation? Do you love a certain […]
Seattle Houseboats This week I helped a new client tour a couple Seattle houseboats on Lake Union. This young lady works at a clinic where she knows two doctors who live on big houseboats. She would be a first time home buyer and was looking for something small and affordable. She picked out two listings […]
With the weather heating up, are you looking for something different to take it outside? Have you checked out outdoor movies in Seattle? Outdoor movies in Seattle provide a great alternative to stuffy indoor movie theaters!
One of the most delightful things about Seattle is the abundance of nature surrounding us. Although this is a large metropolitan city, I appreciate the fact that you can escape to nature at any time. Big or large, we have parks situated in every neighborhood and convenient access to rivers, lakes, and vast ocean.
Restaurant or kitchen on wheels is fast becoming common and popular casual dining option in Seattle. With the recent explosion of food trucks serving diverse array of appetizing fare, it is easy to understand the appreciation.
It was a sad day when the tiny restaurant…probably a good definition of the true meaning of the term “pit stop” as applied to restaurants… of this name in Ballard on 15th NW closed it’s doors. Well, sad for those of us who used to make it a point to stop there. But I imagine […]
Real Estate Search
- eXp Who? eXp What? April 27, 2010
- Is Now a Good Time to Buy? March 16, 2010
- My Favorite Books About Seattle March 19, 2010
- WA Cell Phone Law 2010 May 30, 2010
- A Tip To A Lower Mortgage Rate February 12, 2010
- Outstanding Remodeled Home near Downtown Issaquah November 22, 2013
- Shopping and Services in Magnolia November 17, 2013
- Poulsbo Fish Park Salmon Viewing Day is November 2 October 24, 2013
- Beautiful Green Lake in October October 14, 2013
- The Seattle Street Food Festival is near! July 22, 2013
- Don Keinholz: I was searching for a bit of beer info about Seatt...
- EdyKizaki: @dragonnewt It's an opportunity, really, a season...
- dragonnewt: It is cool all the way down the coast. Even here i...
- ElizaWinters: These homes all look fantastic. I have been lookin...
- evalewis: OMG!!! This is very beautiful house, I wish I coul...