Early evening, still light, quiet tree-lined streets in Old Town Ballard hold a still promise of the dinner hour. Lights from the restaurants, pubs, and wine cafes glow over wooden tables set artfully on old wooden floors, windows gleam with un-looked for bits and pieces of the past, and reflect trees, leaves, branches, telephone poles, […]
Archive | Great Shopping RSS feed for this section
PCC is a natural, organic Seattle food co-op. I think of it as a lot like Whole Foods and a lot different. Being local, it is, you could say, “very Seattle.” By that I mean community values, green values, a laid back humorous vibe and delicious ripe fresh flavor. There are nine locations around the […]
Beer and Seattle: two things that go together like, well, rain and Seattle. It started back in the mid-nineteenth century (1854) when a two-year-old Seattle was graced with its first brewery, Washington Brewery, to slake the thirst of the local population of loggers. Over the next 50 years or so, many of what we would […]
Welcome to one of Seattle’s local chocolate factory cafes! Chocolati Cafe is in 4 locations, this one at Green Lake, and also in Wallingford, Greenwood, Downtown (at Seattle Public Library), and a Factory Outlet which is on Aurora also near Green Lake (at 77th). If you are out enjoying a stroll around Green Lake, this […]
Capitol Hill is known as a happening Seattle hang out neighborhood, whether you want to stroll, shop or sip. There are more eateries, upscale, casual or edgy, than you can count on all your fingers and toes, and the fingers and toes of all your friends too, and I never get farther than half a […]
There is no doubt in any Seattlite’s mind that we live in a Foodie town. We love our chefs and our trendy restaurants and have elevated comfort food to a high art. Any time you want you can get anything you want. It’s satisfyingly easy to try out a new place and be happily surprised. […]
There’s no question that Madison Park is one of the most upscale areas of Seattle. A little village-like enclave on the western shores of Lake Washington looking east to Bellevue and north to the University of Washington, there are really no through streets in this peninsula-like neighbhorhood, adding to the privacy factor and making it […]
One of the magnificent things about the Pacific Northwest Lifestyle is all the fresh local produce available, a lot of organic and sustainable farming and delightful products brought to market by creative and committed farmers and artisans. Take that a step beyond, and you have Foraged & Found Edibles. The company as it exists today […]
Remodeled Des Moines House This professionally remodeled Des Moines home is already generating excitement and won’t last long on the market. The interior is fully updated, including two kitchen remodels, remodeled bathrooms, new windows, fresh paint, gorgeous hardwoods, new carpeting, crown molding, and new furnace. The living room windows drink in the Puget Sound and […]
Real Estate Search
- eXp Who? eXp What? April 27, 2010
- Is Now a Good Time to Buy? March 16, 2010
- My Favorite Books About Seattle March 19, 2010
- WA Cell Phone Law 2010 May 30, 2010
- A Tip To A Lower Mortgage Rate February 12, 2010
- Outstanding Remodeled Home near Downtown Issaquah November 22, 2013
- Shopping and Services in Magnolia November 17, 2013
- Poulsbo Fish Park Salmon Viewing Day is November 2 October 24, 2013
- Beautiful Green Lake in October October 14, 2013
- The Seattle Street Food Festival is near! July 22, 2013
- Don Keinholz: I was searching for a bit of beer info about Seatt...
- EdyKizaki: @dragonnewt It's an opportunity, really, a season...
- dragonnewt: It is cool all the way down the coast. Even here i...
- ElizaWinters: These homes all look fantastic. I have been lookin...
- evalewis: OMG!!! This is very beautiful house, I wish I coul...