The date to remember: June 10, 2010! Any licensed driver talking or sending text messages with a wireless device will elicit a $124.00 fine in the state of Washington. This legislation – as signed by Gov. Christine Gregoire – makes cell phone use while driving a primary traffic offense. New drivers with permits or intermediate licenses are not permitted to use wireless devices at all, except in emergency situations. Quick facts that drove this new law into place: a driver talking on a cell phone is as impaired as a driver with .08 blood-alcohol levels; a driver texting on a cell phone is as impaired as a driver with .16 blood-alcohol levels (double the legal limit); a driver talking on a cell phone is half a second slower to hit the brakes in emergencies; and drivers talking on a cell phone miss more than half the visual cues noted by non-distracted drivers. With the added elements of rain and slick in the NW, aiming to make the roads safer in any way can only be a good thing, now$124.00 at a time! Cheers to safe driving!
WA Cell Phone Law 2010
About Seattle Guide
Real Estate Search
- eXp Who? eXp What? April 27, 2010
- Is Now a Good Time to Buy? March 16, 2010
- My Favorite Books About Seattle March 19, 2010
- WA Cell Phone Law 2010 May 30, 2010
- A Tip To A Lower Mortgage Rate February 12, 2010
- Outstanding Remodeled Home near Downtown Issaquah November 22, 2013
- Shopping and Services in Magnolia November 17, 2013
- Poulsbo Fish Park Salmon Viewing Day is November 2 October 24, 2013
- Beautiful Green Lake in October October 14, 2013
- The Seattle Street Food Festival is near! July 22, 2013
- Don Keinholz: I was searching for a bit of beer info about Seatt...
- EdyKizaki: @dragonnewt It's an opportunity, really, a season...
- dragonnewt: It is cool all the way down the coast. Even here i...
- ElizaWinters: These homes all look fantastic. I have been lookin...
- evalewis: OMG!!! This is very beautiful house, I wish I coul...
Ballard Bellevue Buyer's Guide to Real Estate in Seattle Buying Seattle Real Estate Capitol Hill Central District Community Day Trips from Seattle Dining Downtown Eastside Featured First Time Homebuyers Fremont Great Shopping Green Lake Green Seattle Greenwood Headline Home Ownership Investors Kids' stuff Kirkland Market Watch Mercer Island Mortgages Neighborhoods News and Information North End North Seattle Parks Phinney Ridge Queen Anne Relocation Residential Seattle Property Seattle Seattle Activity Guide Seattle Area Festivals Seattle Neighborhood Selling Seattle Real Estate Snohomish South End U-District Wallingford West Seattle