There is a big buzz on Mercer Island, and even off the Island, as Stopsky’s Delicatessen prepares to open it’s doors. Located right next to Island Books, which has been a central gathering place for most of it’s 30 years open, and boasting a celebrity chef and dedicated crew (the lynchpin who will oversee the […]
Archive | Mercer Island RSS feed for this section
It still seems almost yesterday that I would sit curled up on the couch in my living room as a child listening to Alice in Wonderland being read out load by my mother. But she also liked to play me a recording of it read in a British accent, a twelve record set so it […]
Mercer Island has really great parks, and a favorite among them is certainly Luther Burbank Park on the north shore of the Island. There is a great list of amenities you’ll find here, whether you are a tennis player (3 outdoor public courts) fisherman (a fishing dock) dog owner (great off leash dog park with […]
Mercer island is a six square mile community with 22,036 residents. Suburban and very green and peaceful, with a small low key downtown shopping and restaurant district, it is mostly winding roads and homes hidden back in the trees. Of course since it’s an island there are very many highly prized waterfront homes here and […]
What is a Buyer’s Agent and Why Do I Need One? Q: How do Buyers’ Agents Get Paid? A: Their services are free to the Buyer. Q: How does that work? A: When the Seller’s Agent signs a listing agreement with the Seller, they negotiate a commission. They then offer a part of that commission, […]
The Seattle Real Estate market is, in my humble experience, sizzling right now. Last spring things were discernibly slower than usual, although there was definitely a spring rush. But this year quite often it’s an all-out sprint to be the first one to get an accepted offer in on that new home on the market […]
What will an energy audit do for me? This is a question I am asked often. We are once again experiencing some very cold days and nights around the greater Seattle area. There isn’t a better time to find out if money is literally flying out of your home. An energy audit helps the homeowner […]
A 2 bedroom condo on Mercer Island (with the best schools in the state of Washington) for under $200,000? Pretty unbelieveable. And yet these days such properties exist. There may only be a few bank repossessed condos on Mercer Island at this time, but these kinds of properties are an awesome opportunity for investors or […]
I’m pretty sure if the power company offered you a month off from paying your bill, you’d say yes. It might not happen tomorrow, but according to an article I just read in a Sierra Club magazine, in a few decades looks like large power bills will be a thing of the past. As we […]
Real Estate Search
- eXp Who? eXp What? April 27, 2010
- Is Now a Good Time to Buy? March 16, 2010
- My Favorite Books About Seattle March 19, 2010
- WA Cell Phone Law 2010 May 30, 2010
- A Tip To A Lower Mortgage Rate February 12, 2010
- Outstanding Remodeled Home near Downtown Issaquah November 22, 2013
- Shopping and Services in Magnolia November 17, 2013
- Poulsbo Fish Park Salmon Viewing Day is November 2 October 24, 2013
- Beautiful Green Lake in October October 14, 2013
- The Seattle Street Food Festival is near! July 22, 2013
- Don Keinholz: I was searching for a bit of beer info about Seatt...
- EdyKizaki: @dragonnewt It's an opportunity, really, a season...
- dragonnewt: It is cool all the way down the coast. Even here i...
- ElizaWinters: These homes all look fantastic. I have been lookin...
- evalewis: OMG!!! This is very beautiful house, I wish I coul...