There are so many beautiful neighborhoods in Seattle that trying to define which ones are the “top neighborhoods” might seem to be an exercise in futility, but humor me please, you have to start somewhere! Many of them you have heard of, and some of them perhaps not. Let’s talk about eight wonderful neighborhoods today […]
Archive | Phinney Ridge RSS feed for this section
Part 2 in Edy Kizaki’s Series Who Is Seattle Carisa Brunner of Made Sewing Studo started the business to “save Seattle from sewing disasters” and has been highly successful in the last two years, according to feedback from students and members of the studio. Offering use of sewing machines on an hourly basis with free […]
Greg Nikols, a former Seattle mayor, called Seattle a City of Neighborhoods. Each has its character, its charms, perhaps even its faults. Before you choose a home it is extremely important to be sure that you will not regret the location. Are schools important to you? Walkability? Commute time? Recreation? Do you love a certain […]
One of the most delightful things about Seattle is the abundance of nature surrounding us. Although this is a large metropolitan city, I appreciate the fact that you can escape to nature at any time. Big or large, we have parks situated in every neighborhood and convenient access to rivers, lakes, and vast ocean.
Seattle Farmers Markets are a local tradition, and each neighborhood has one with a little bit of it’s own special character. Here is the all-inclusive list of the markets. You don’t have to limit yourself to one because many of them are on different days of the week. Two of my favorites are the Fremont […]
The Seattle tattoo scene is endlessly fascinating for those who like these exotic and, these days, very popular adornments. I kind of forget how it is elsewhere, but here tattoos are so common that it might be surprising if someone in the younger age groups doesn’t have one, kind of like pierced ears after the […]
There is nothing better than a rug which has been imported from that very center of carpet making history, locations in Turkey, Iran, Pakistan, India, even China. These world renowned carpet producing areas are known widely, and Turabi Rug Gallery Omar brings his expertise to the hunt and give us the chance to shop for […]
There is a street, Greenwood Avenue in Phinney Ridge, that gives you a sense of discovery driving along it, but you don’t have time to explore every intriguing doorway that you glimpse from the car. You have to park, get out, take a walk down the street, to even start to decide what to explore […]
There is the sweetest little pet store on Greenwood Avenue in Phinney Ridge. You’d think after the big box pet emporiums we’re used to all pet stores would start to look alike, but (may I suggest you) think again. When I walked into this friendly and amusingly set up pet store I sensed a true […]
Real Estate Search
- eXp Who? eXp What? April 27, 2010
- Is Now a Good Time to Buy? March 16, 2010
- My Favorite Books About Seattle March 19, 2010
- WA Cell Phone Law 2010 May 30, 2010
- A Tip To A Lower Mortgage Rate February 12, 2010
- Outstanding Remodeled Home near Downtown Issaquah November 22, 2013
- Shopping and Services in Magnolia November 17, 2013
- Poulsbo Fish Park Salmon Viewing Day is November 2 October 24, 2013
- Beautiful Green Lake in October October 14, 2013
- The Seattle Street Food Festival is near! July 22, 2013
- Don Keinholz: I was searching for a bit of beer info about Seatt...
- EdyKizaki: @dragonnewt It's an opportunity, really, a season...
- dragonnewt: It is cool all the way down the coast. Even here i...
- ElizaWinters: These homes all look fantastic. I have been lookin...
- evalewis: OMG!!! This is very beautiful house, I wish I coul...