Greg Nikols, a former Seattle mayor, called Seattle a City of Neighborhoods. Each has its character, its charms, perhaps even its faults. Before you choose a home it is extremely important to be sure that you will not regret the location. Are schools important to you? Walkability? Commute time? Recreation? Do you love a certain […]
Archive | Ravenna RSS feed for this section
One of the most delightful things about Seattle is the abundance of nature surrounding us. Although this is a large metropolitan city, I appreciate the fact that you can escape to nature at any time. Big or large, we have parks situated in every neighborhood and convenient access to rivers, lakes, and vast ocean.
There’s an Alhambra downtown, near Pacific Place, exciting and elegant. Do visit if you’re nearby! However, the residents of Ravenna-Bryant are lucky enough to have their own Alhambra Outlet right in the neighborhood. I’d say it was Ravenna’s best kept secret except it’s not so secret. The outlet offers designer fashion from this company that […]
There was a rumor they closed so call before you go!… There is hardly anyone who would argue with the wise old saying that “One man’s junk is another man’s treasure.” This is even more true in our modern times when a plethora of style and every flavor of design seems to be available all […]
There is a well-deserved reputation among Italian restaurants for a filling meal and delicious pasta. A jolly rolling accent and some good bread on the table. Then there is the other Italian. Mamma Melina’s has been in business for 20 years here in Seattle. For a good while it was the hot new Italian restaurant […]
House to Home… I like it. In fact, the other day I read, in the description of a luxury home in Medina, “If you are looking for a house, don’t bother. If you are looking for a home, you have to see this property.” When I went into the home I saw why. The original […]
There was once a creek running from Green Lake through Ravenna (then just a heavily wooded ravine) and down to Lake Washington. There was a mineral springs and giant evergreens, about 30 to 60 feet around. Is there a whisper of that time still echoing down the streets of Ravenna and dancing in the moonlight […]
There is a bastion of Victorian elegance in Seattle. Tastefully decorated with fine English bone china, rich velvet and dark wainscoting, delicate lace, and the lovely and healthful staples of a High Tea (the amazing cakes, the little sandwiches), this tea shop will delight first time visitors and I predict once you have experienced it […]
Planet Happy is more than just a yummy and delightful toy store in the Ravenna-Bryant neighborhood. It proclaims it’s mission as “Play, Learn, Sustain.” On the website they explain that “our mission is to connect people and planet through play.” Upon entering the store there is a wealth of lovely toys and activity items for […]
Real Estate Search
- eXp Who? eXp What? April 27, 2010
- Is Now a Good Time to Buy? March 16, 2010
- My Favorite Books About Seattle March 19, 2010
- WA Cell Phone Law 2010 May 30, 2010
- A Tip To A Lower Mortgage Rate February 12, 2010
- Outstanding Remodeled Home near Downtown Issaquah November 22, 2013
- Shopping and Services in Magnolia November 17, 2013
- Poulsbo Fish Park Salmon Viewing Day is November 2 October 24, 2013
- Beautiful Green Lake in October October 14, 2013
- The Seattle Street Food Festival is near! July 22, 2013
- Don Keinholz: I was searching for a bit of beer info about Seatt...
- EdyKizaki: @dragonnewt It's an opportunity, really, a season...
- dragonnewt: It is cool all the way down the coast. Even here i...
- ElizaWinters: These homes all look fantastic. I have been lookin...
- evalewis: OMG!!! This is very beautiful house, I wish I coul...