Greg Nikols, a former Seattle mayor, called Seattle a City of Neighborhoods. Each has its character, its charms, perhaps even its faults. Before you choose a home it is extremely important to be sure that you will not regret the location. Are schools important to you? Walkability? Commute time? Recreation? Do you love a certain […]
Archive | U-District RSS feed for this section
It’s well and good to learn from a lecture. But rarely is a lecture life-changing. Washington is called the evergreen state. We love our trees, the great outdoors and our planet. We are a hardy people. And we have two universities (colleges) that are in the top 10 for sustainable practices and learning. […]
The University District in Seattle is full of life and excitement, a kind of sizzle that comes from a lot of people doing a lot of things fast and well, and celebrating it all with frequency and energy. There are great movies, book shops, media and tech stops, restaurants of course, cheap coffee shops, cafes, […]
What kind of a place IS Seattle? Most restaurants now give the patrons take home boxes which are recyclable instead of the environmentally destructive Styrofoam ones that have been considered good enough up till now. When I was in a coffee house I heard a customer scolding the clerk for handing her a take-home order […]
One of the most delightful things about Seattle is the abundance of nature surrounding us. Although this is a large metropolitan city, I appreciate the fact that you can escape to nature at any time. Big or large, we have parks situated in every neighborhood and convenient access to rivers, lakes, and vast ocean.
Seattle Farmers Markets are a local tradition, and each neighborhood has one with a little bit of it’s own special character. Here is the all-inclusive list of the markets. You don’t have to limit yourself to one because many of them are on different days of the week. Two of my favorites are the Fremont […]
Selling or buying (books, that is) Half Price Books is attractive. There are lots of times when you want an elegant, full range book store. Then there are time when it’s too much trouble to haul a bag of books in to sell (recycle, remember?) and then haul it back out again minus the three […]
There is a well-deserved reputation among Italian restaurants for a filling meal and delicious pasta. A jolly rolling accent and some good bread on the table. Then there is the other Italian. Mamma Melina’s has been in business for 20 years here in Seattle. For a good while it was the hot new Italian restaurant […]
If you are the parent of a college kid, you might want to take a minute to think about real estate investing. You’re already spending a ton of money sending the kid to school, “investing” in his or her future, so why not hedge your bets on an investment that might actually pay you back […]
Real Estate Search
- eXp Who? eXp What? April 27, 2010
- Is Now a Good Time to Buy? March 16, 2010
- My Favorite Books About Seattle March 19, 2010
- WA Cell Phone Law 2010 May 30, 2010
- A Tip To A Lower Mortgage Rate February 12, 2010
- Outstanding Remodeled Home near Downtown Issaquah November 22, 2013
- Shopping and Services in Magnolia November 17, 2013
- Poulsbo Fish Park Salmon Viewing Day is November 2 October 24, 2013
- Beautiful Green Lake in October October 14, 2013
- The Seattle Street Food Festival is near! July 22, 2013
- Don Keinholz: I was searching for a bit of beer info about Seatt...
- EdyKizaki: @dragonnewt It's an opportunity, really, a season...
- dragonnewt: It is cool all the way down the coast. Even here i...
- ElizaWinters: These homes all look fantastic. I have been lookin...
- evalewis: OMG!!! This is very beautiful house, I wish I coul...